My name is Simon Dundas. Since I was a young lad I have been interested in wildlife possibly helped by the fishing I used to do at the local ponds as I spent more time observing the surrounding plants and animals than catching fish! Removing selected areas of pond weed at the start of the season revealed a wealth of embedded creatures which fascinated me.
Here is some of the other experience and training I have had:
- 1 year working at Ness Botanic Gardens on the Wirral peninsula
- 3 years studying botany, zoology, soil science and genetics at Oxford University culminating in an honours degree in agriculture and forestry.
- City and Guilds (distinction) in lawns, landscapes and structures at Hadlow College
- City and Guilds (distinction) in Garden Design
- A lifetime of growing plants and an interest in wildlife
- Attended willow growing/sculpture
References can be provided by my existing customers.
I call myself the whistling gardener as I'm a dual whistler! I often whistle while I work but also play assorted 'tin' whistles and melodeon in irish sessions (I can give lessons). I am a musician in the first Goth morris side in England - Wolfshead and Vixen Morris - but love all sorts of music from Santana to Bach